iWAY 350C Update Version 1.5.0
SD 2.0 memory cards will not work with the iWAY 350C. This includes all SD memory cards over 4GB in size, most 4GB, and some 2GB memory cards.This is NOT an update of the Navteq mapping data. Mapping updates are no longer available.
Notes: This update will clear your Recent Find list and restore the Overlay Data to the default settings.
You must have at least 240MB of free disk space on your SD/MMC memory card. This will require at least a 512MB memory card.
Mac OS X users may need to reapply the execute permissions to the stand-alone installer after it has finished downloading. To reapply the execute permissions, open a Terminal window, and type the following command (this assumes you downloaded the file to your desktop):
chmod +x desktop/iWAY350C_150.command
Prerequisite: Java must be installed on your computer for the installers to operate. If you do not already have a Java JRE or JDK installed, please visit the Java website.
- Plug a 512MB or larger SD/MMC memory card with at least 240MB of free space into your iWAY™ 350C, power on the unit, and wait for the unit to complete startup.
- Set the iWAY™ 350C power option to “Power Off”. To do this, press the menu button, select “Options” and then select “Setup” - Then the “Power Off” option is accessible.
- Turn the iWAY™ 350C off, and then turn it back on.
- Wait for the iWAY™ 350C to complete its startup, and then connect it to your PC with a USB cable.
- Click on the "Install This Update From the Web" link below.
- Wait for the Java web installer to download and run. Follow the Lowrance update installation instructions. During the installation process, you will be asked to select the drive associated with the iWAY™ 350C. If you can not locate the drive associated with the iWAY™ 350C, please read this FAQ regarding Drive Conflicts. When the installer finishes you will be prompted to click Finish to exit.
- Stop/Eject the USB Mass Storage Device associated with the iWAY™ 350C. For Windows, you can do this by opening the "Unplug or Eject Hardware" icon. This icon is located on the Windows toolbar near the clock (typically the very lower right-hand corner of your screen), and appears as a green arrow over the top of a small gray box. Once this is opened, highlight the USB Mass Storage Device and click the "Stop" button. Then in the new window, highlight the "Lowrance iWay 350C USB Device" and click the "OK" button. For Mac and Linux, simply dismount/eject the drive associated with the iWAY™ 350C.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the iWAY™ 350C.
- Turn your iWAY™ 350C unit off. Make sure to turn the unit completely off, and not just standby mode. To make sure the unit powers completely off, enter the Menu area, select "Options", select "Page 2", and then click on "Interface Setup". Choose "Power Off" as the "Power Key" option.
- Turn your iWAY™ 350C unit back on. The software update will automatically install. The installation process could take a long time to finish - please do not press buttons or turn off the iWAY™ 350C during the installation process.
- After the iWAY 350C update has finished, reconnect it to your computer via USB, and delete the update files from the iWAY 350C.
If your computer experiences problems with the web installer, try using a stand-alone installer. Note: Do not download this installer to your unit - save it to your computer and run the installer to load the necessary files to the unit.Simply choose the appropriate operating system below:
How to see if your iWAY 350C is already using version 1.5.0 software:
PC Win98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista | Mac OS X | Linux
What changes are made in this update?
- Select the MENU icon on the display of your iWAY™ 350C.
- Select "Options".
- Select the third tab, "Page 3".
- Select "Device Information".
- The software version for your unit is located under the line that says "iWay 350C".
- If your version is the same version listed above, there is no need to download the software.
- Modified Night Mode to enhance visibility of street names
- Added a Reset to Default button for the MP3 equalizer
- Minor interface enhancements
- Includes all features from previous updates, including:
- Improved USB support for DVD map updates
- Additional enhancements for address searching - now searches the entire state if no address is found within the entered city
- Added support for multiple languages
- Improved performance on finding addresses and intersections
- Added the ability to edit latitude/longitude coordinates for a saved waypoint
iWAY 350C update software will run on any Java-enabled machine running Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP/2003, Mac OS X, or Linux.