AirMap 2000C Update Version 1.7.0
Notes: Mac OS X users may need to reapply the execute permissions to the stand-alone installer after it has finished downloading. To reapply the execute permissions, open a Terminal window, and type the following command (this assumes you downloaded the file to your desktop):
chmod +x desktop/AM2000C_170.command
Prerequisite: Java must be installed on your computer for the installers to operate. If you do not already have a Java JRE or JDK installed, please visit the Java website.
- Make sure the MMC/SD card reader is properly connected to your computer (and, if necessary, that the drivers are installed).
- Insert an MMC/SD card with at least 8 MB of free space into the MMC/SD card reader.
- Click on the "Install This Update From the Web" link below to go to the installation web page.
- Wait for the Java web installer to download and run. Follow the Lowrance update installation instructions. If you are not sure about a step, just select the default choice. When the installer finishes you will prompted to click Finish to exit.
- Turn your Lowrance AirMap 2000C unit off.
- Place the MMC/SD card containing the updated operating software in the unit's MMC/SD card tray.
- Turn your AirMap 2000C unit on. The software update will automatically install.
If your computer experiences problems with the web installer, try using a stand-alone installer. Note: Do not download this installer to your unit - save it to your computer and run the installer to load the necessary files to the unit.Simply choose the appropriate operating system below:
How to see if your AirMap 2000C is already using version 1.7.0 software:
PC Win98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista | Mac OS X | Linux
What changes are made in this update?
- Press the MENU button twice on your AirMap 2000C.
- Select SYSTEM SETUP.
- Select SOFTWARE INFORMATION.
- The software version for your unit is located under the line that says "AirMap 2000C" (ex. "Version 1.7.0").
- If your version is the same version listed above, there is no need to download the software.
- Adjusted backlight levels
- Modified Edit Route Name
- Includes all features from previous updates, including:
- Corrected E6B issues
- Enhanced SD memory card support
- Modified data descriptions
- Added units of measure to pressure - PSI and Kilopascals
- Moved the Airspaces page to map mode and renamed to AirSpace with terrain
- Renamed find menu item "Show Route" to "Active Route" and added distance and ETA to each waypoint in route
- Added terrain awareness support
- Added support for SD/MMC memory cards over 1GB in size
- Modified the aviation map to display default range rings
- Added new HSI Panel navigation screen
- Added the ability to disable the AirMap mode
- Added Ranges on range rings
- Added Range Rings and Map Categories Drawn for for aviation maps under the Navigation Mode
- Modified the map to show when multiple items can be selected
- Added Final Destination to the vertical navigation calculation
AirMap 2000C update software will run on any Java-enabled machine running Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP/2003, Mac OS X, or Linux.